Having trouble with sugar cravings throughout the day? Here’s a sample meal with high fats, medium amount of protein, and large amounts of vegetables that is sure to keep you full and more importantly, fulfilled when it comes to food.
The Ketogenic Jump Start Meal
- 3 whole eggs, any style – salted and peppered is fine, use grass-fed butter or olive oil if frying.
- 1/2 pound of rib eye steak – the fattier the cut the better, use non-sweet seasonings and grass-fed butter or olive oil to pan-fry.
- 1 whole bag of spinach – eat raw. Try to get through it all, I’ll accept 3/4 bag.
- 1/2 pound Dutch Gouda cheese – this will be easier to power through than the spinach, no need for motivation here. You can eat as-is or melt it with the steak.
- 1 whole avocado.
- 2-3 celery sticks – eat raw.
Consume with lemon tea or lemon water.
No More Sugar Cravings
What’s going on here? We’re having 0 refined carbs and almost 0g sugar. We’re also consuming lots of fats, fibrous carbs, and protein.
The goal? Switch our body’s main fuel source from sugar to fat – in a state called Ketosis. If we can do this, 2 things will happen:
- Our cravings for sugar and refined carbs will stop (no more resisting!).
- We can go long periods of time without food or hunger, and we can access and burn our own stored fat easier.
Is it healthy? Yes, I’ve been on it for a few months and feel great with 1-2 meals a day, sometimes 0! Watch how the ketogenic diet (and eventually fasting) can help you lose weight, save money, and even reverse Type 2 Diabetes if you have it.
Diet is one the key pillars of health that need to be improved upon, read about the rest in my previous post about meditation, stretching, diet, and training.
Hovhannes Mkhitaryan from The LA Trainer
Subscribe To The Blog!
We'll send occasional emails with fresh content.